Baseball season is in full swing! The Texas AirHogs start their 2017 season Thursday, May 18, so we’re sharing 10 fun facts about the AirHogs!
1. The Texas AirHogs is Grand Prairie’s very own minor league baseball team. They are a member of the South Division of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball.
2. Billy Martin Jr. is the AirHogs’ new Field Manager and President of Baseball Operations. Growing up playing baseball and later in his role as an agent, Martin Jr. brings knowledge in baseball and business to the AirHogs.
3. The AirHogs Stadium features a 17,000 square-foot Wide World of Parks Kids Zone. The Kids Zone is packed full of fun, including a swimming pool, jungle gym and much more!
4. The AirHogs will be the host of the 2017 NCAA Divison II Baseball Tournament. The tournament runs from May 27 till June 3 and you can purchase tickets on airhogsbaseball.com
5. The AirHogs will host over 50 home games this season. Which means more opportunities to have fun!
6. You can book a party at the AirHogs stadium. You get access to the pool, receive tickets, food and drinks!
7. The season is filled with over 25 theme nights. The AirHogs pride themselves on being much more than a baseball game, it’s an experience. You can experience theme nights like, Star Wars night, Bark in the Park, Craft Beer night and so much more!
8. You can listen to the games from mixlr.com/txairhogs. Now you never have to miss a game!
9. The name AirHogs is a slang term used by US Military Pilots, and refers to Grand Prairie’s aviation industry (Lockheed Martin).
10. The AirHogs played their first game in franchise history on May 8, 2008.
Who’s ready for another great season! Go Hogs!